Monday, June 02, 2008

Iraq - the worst branded anti-war ever



Forget the playlist, one thing I like about long drives is the random radio scan - especially on two-lanes or in the south.

Yesterday I had such an opportunity and actually listened to "Peace Train"

Which made me think, "How come there have been so few protest songs for Iraq?"
Which made me think, "How come there have been so few protests of any kind for Iraq?"

The most powerful anti-war branding msg I saw was at the end of a Flaming Lips show a couple of years ago. War Pigs, faithfullly covered with a montage of the Bush-Cheney administration and the most graphic scenes of war carnage I'd seen.
Pretty easy, since you see so few.

One thing you have to give the baby boomers, they branded their youth and their cause well.

People are more uptight now about compact fluorescents than Iraq.
I wish there was a new biz pitch to jump in on this.

No comments: